Home | Contact | Site Map

UNMLogo

Homepage | Research | Blog | Students | Achievements | Courses | Faculty | Alumni | Contact | Site Map

MEGSE Blog



Tuesday, April 15, 2008

 

Google Books: An Amazing Resource

http://books.google.com/

I've been looking for a copy of John Mitchell Kemble's Beowulf for a project I am doing in my medieval research and bibliography class. This book is not easy to find, and I was even planning a road trip to the University of Arizona to look at thier library copy. I also tried to order it through inter-library loan, but being that it is an old, rare book, I wasn't expecting it.

Then I discovered Google Books. All I have to say is, wow! And here it is, in full text. You can even dowloand a PDF.

The site seems to have full text on many old books that no longer have copyright issues. Newer books have either limited preview or nothing.

Anyway, I suspect I'll be visiting Google Books frequently. In fact, I'm a bit concerned that I might spend too much time looking around and archiving books.

I've added a link to Google Books on our web resources page.

Labels: , ,

# posted by Douglas Ryan VanBenthuysen @ 12:14 PM


Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Comments:


Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





UNMLogo

Home | Contact | Site Map